- 12 large strawberries, quartered with stems removed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- ½ cup (120 ml) butter
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12-16 slices brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together strawberries and olive oil.
- Transfer strawberries to a parchment-lined baking dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove strawberries from the oven and gently crush with a fork.
- Reserve for later use.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- To assemble the grilled cheese, place bread, butter-side down, on a clean cutting board.
- Top with chocolate chips, sliced Brie, soft strawberries, and more chocolate chips.
- Top with a second slice of buttered bread, placing buttered side on the outside.
- Heat skillet over medium-heat.
- Transfer one sandwich to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until bread is golden brown.
- Flip and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and the chocolate and chese have started to melt.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve warm, sliced in half.