- 2 cups (480 ml) pastry flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold butter
- ¾ cups (180 ml) buttermilk
- 6 oz (170 g) orange cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can (19oz. or 550g) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- ½ tbsp (7.5 ml) cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 ears of corn, grilled until slightly charred
- 1 lb (450 g) beef brisket, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can (14 oz or 400 g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 bottle of dark beer
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- raw cheddar biscuits
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pulse a few times to mix them together.
- Add butter, and pulse for 2-3 minutes or until you reach a pebbly texture.
- Add buttermilk slowly as the food processor is turning.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes or until you have a smooth dough.
- Remove dough from processor, and separate into equal sized biscuits.
- Add cheddar to each dough ball and roll until cheese is mixed well and biscuit is nicely shaped.
- Cover biscuits with plastic wrap and reserve for chili.
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add paprika, chili powder and cumin, and heat for 1 minutes.
- Add garlic and onions, and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, beef brisket, beer and beef stock.
- Stir until properly combined, and bring to a boil.
- Add grilled corn and kidney beans, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, remove from heat and transfer to a baking dish.
- Cover chili with the cheddar biscuits, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, or until biscuits are fluffy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Catch the Super Bowl LII on Sunday, February 4th at 6 p.m. ET on CTV!