- 3 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- ½ L (120 ml) chicken stock
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup (120 ml) small sweet peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 6 warm arepas
- Place chicken and chicken stock in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from the stock and discard the stock.
- Using two forks, shred chicken into small strands.
- Cover chicken and refrigerate until cool.
- Once cool, remove from fridge and mash together with avocado, lime juice, cilantro, parsley, sweet peppers, red onion and green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm arepas and cut in half horizontally.
- Spoon chicken salad into the arepas, and serve immediately. Serve with arepas (see recipe).