- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 5 oz. (150 g) each
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (240 ml) fresh large chanterelle mushrooms cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) dry Marsala wine
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cubed cold butter
- 1/3 (80 ml) cup drained capers
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Butterfly chicken breasts, and season with salt and pepper.
- Dust both sides of chicken with flour until properly coated.
- Add chicken to hot oil, and sear on both sides for 4-5 minutes each, or until golden brown.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from pan. Reserve.
- In the same pan, add mushrooms to hot oil.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Add garlic and shallots, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with Marsala wine and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Add chicken stock and thyme, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until reduced by half again.
- Add butter and capers to sauce, and whisk for 1 minute.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Slice chicken as desired, serve warm and top with Marsala and chanterelle sauce.