20 (3-inch) biscotti
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (180 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) orange zest
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups (600 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) chopped pistachios
- 1 cup (240 ml) dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Mix vegetable oil and sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Add orange zest and mix in.
- Add eggs to oil mixture one at a time and incorporate.
- Add flour and baking powder to egg mixture slowly and mix to incorporate.
- Add pistachios and cherries and stir in.
- Divide dough in half.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Lightly flour hands, and shape each into a 3 ½-inch (9 cm) wide and 1-inch (2 ½ cm) thick long log.
- Use a wet spatula to make sure the sides are smooth.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350F (180C).
- Spray log with water all over.
- Slice biscotti into 4/5-inch (2 cm) slices.
- Lay down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Let cool.