4 to six cups
Ease of preparation
- 2 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled and grated
- 4 carrots, grated
- ½ head red cabbage, julienned
- 8 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup (120 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) white pepper
- For the slaw, add kohlrabi, carrots, cabbage, scallions, and dill to a bowl and toss to combine.
- For the dressing, in a separate bowl, add olive oil, white wine vinegar, grainy mustard, maple syrup, salt, and white pepper. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add dressing to the slaw and toss until fully coated. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve with barbequed carrot hot dogs (see recipe).