- Pita bread dough
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) za’atar spice mix (see below)
- 1 tsp (15 ml) lemon juice
Za’Atar Spice Mix
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sumac
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coarse salt
- Make the za’atar spice mix by mixing together sumac, thyme, oregano, sesame seeds, and coarse salt. Set aside.
- Mix together olive oil, 3 tablespoons (45 ml) za’atar spice mix, and lemon juice.
- Roll bread dough into several 10-inch (25 cm) rounds.
- Make indents with your fingers on the dough.
- Spread the olive oil and za’atar mixture onto the bread rounds.
- Bake in the oven at 450F (230F) for 7 minutes or until dough is golden brown.