- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 large raw spicy chorizo sausages, removed from casings
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) beer
- 8 (1/2-inch thick) slices baguette
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) roughly chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, until onions start to soften.
- Add chorizo and continue stirring and cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with beer and allow beer to reduce completely.
- Remove chorizo and onions from the pan and add sliced baguette to the pan to toast for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove bread from the pan and top each piece with the chorizo and onion mixture. Reserve.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil.
- Crack eggs into the pan working 2 to 4 at a time, and cook for 3-4 minutes, to desired doneness.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper and place one cooked egg onto each toast.
- Repeat with remaining eggs and serve toasts garnished with chopped parsley.