- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2½ lbs (1.2 kg) sliced baking potatoes
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup (120 ml) cottage cheese
- ½ cup (120 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (120 ml) grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup (120 ml) whipping cream
- Preheat the barbecue to 350F (175C).
- Place butter in a saucepan over low to heat to melt.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) thin slices.
- Slice onion.
- On a 24-inch (60 cm) square of heavy-duty aluminum foil, arrange half of the potatoes in a single layer followed by half of the onions in a single layer.
- Brush generously with melted butter and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread a layer of cottage cheese, then sprinkle the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Add the remaining onions and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Add the last layer of potatoes and brush with more butter.
- Fold the foil over and seal 2 of the edges together with a double fold.
- Pour in the cream and seal the foil closed.
- Place the potato package directly over the heat source and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with roasted beets.
Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbecue.