Ease of preparation
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds (907 grams) sea bass, cleaned, gutted and scaled
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sage leaves
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) pepper
- ½ cup (120 ml) white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil in a pan. Make crosshatches in the fish. Dredge it in flour, then tuck the rosemary and sage inside. Fry it in the pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Add potatoes, garlic, and leek to a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to coat. Pour mixture into a baking dish. Place fish on top.
- Pour wine around fish. Drizzle remaining olive oil on top. Cover with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until fish flesh is opaque.