- 6 large Anaheim chili peppers
- 2 packages (500 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (120 ml) finely minced fresh chives
- 2 green onion, finely minced
- zest of 2 lemons
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 18 slices bacon
- Using a sharp knife, cut along the length of the chillies (being careful not to cut through to the other side) to create a pocket. Leave the tops intact.
- Use the knife to carefully devein and remove seeds from the chilies.
- Preheat barbecue to 375F (190C).
- Mix cream cheese with chives, green onion, lemon zest, salt and ground black pepper. Place mixture in resealable bag. Remove all air from the bag and cut off the corner. Fill each chili by squeezing the cream cheese mixture from the corner of the bag. Wrap 3 slices of bacon around each chili and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chilies on hot grill.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until bacon is crispy and chili is hot.
- Remove from grill.
- Serve hot.
Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbecue.