- 4 cups (1 L) of thinly sliced Napa cabbage (about ½ large head)
- ½ cups (120 ml) thinly sliced green onions
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) peanut oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- ½ tsp (5 ml) chili flakes
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) toasted black and white sesame seeds
- Combine cabbage, green onions, red pepper, yellow pepper and carrot in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together rice vinegar, peanut oil, sesame oil, honey, soy sauce and chili flakes to combine.
- Toss dressing with cabbage and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with seeds and serve with Smoked Lamb Shanks with Asian Barbecue Sauce.