Cooking time: 25 Minutes
Grilled Beef Salad
- 5 oz Sirloin – (150grams)
- 4 shallots, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons long-leaf coriander – (30ml)
- ½ red pepper, julienned
- ½ cup corn, cooked – (125ml)
- Mint leafs
- 4 Tortillas shells
- 2 tablespoon of butter – (30ml)
- ½ teaspoon of white sugar
- 5 tablespoons lime juice – (75ml)
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce – (75ml)
- 3 crushed dried chili peppers
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Pre- Heat Grill
- For umbrellas, place two tortillas on a baking sheet and brush both sides of the shells with butter. Bake for one minute. Remove the warmed tortillas from oven and place them on top of four flipped custard cups. Pinch in the sides to form a bowl shape and bake for another 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Remove your tortilla cups from the custard cups and set them aside to cool.
- For the dressing, squeeze lime juice into a bowl and add fish sauce. Add crushed peppers and sugar.
- Smear butter on sirloin and set it down on grill, remember to only flip only once. For medium rare, grill beef to rare and then rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. Slice the meat in long thin strips. Add to a bowl with coriander, mint, corn and red pepper and shallot. Add your dressing and toss, scoop into umbrellas.
- Serve and enjoy!