Ease of preparation
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup (120 ml) apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) honey
- 1 cup (240 ml) chopped fresh apricots
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) fresh blueberries
- ½ cup (120 ml) fresh raspberries
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Add vinegar and honey and mix. Simmer for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add apricots, lemon zest and juice, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries and raspberries gently. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Serve cold with cornmeal-crusted rainbow trout (see recipe).