Ease of preparation
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 ½ pound (680 g) pork loin, cut into 6 slices
- Salt and pepper
- 6 pieces bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 cups (960 ml) sliced porcini mushrooms
- 1 chili pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rosemary leaves
- ¼ cup (60 ml) white wine
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken stock
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat olive oil in an earthenware pot over high heat. Add pork chops and sear. Season with salt and pepper. Remove pork to a plate.
- Add bacon and fry until it has released oil and started to crisp up. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until golden. Add chili pepper and rosemary. Deglaze with white wine, scraping the brown cooked bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Return the pork to the pot, placing on top. Pour chicken stock into the pot. Lay potato slices over top of pork, covering completely. Season with salt and pepper and cover with a lid. Simmer 90 minutes.
- Remove from heat and squeeze lemon juice over top.