Ah, brie. It’s the cheese that keeps on giving. This charcuterie board favourite tastes even better once topped with sweet and savoury ingredients and popped into the oven. Be warned: This quick combination of figs, pistachios and orange zest will quickly become your go-to brie topper. Family and friends alike won’t be able to resist digging into this ooey, gooey wheel of goodness (that only takes 25 minutes to make)! Enjoy.
8 to 10
- One 8-ounce wheel of Brie
- ¼ cup sliced figs
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup fig jam
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Bread or crackers, as needed for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the Brie in a small oven-safe skillet, and place the skillet on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir the jam with the figs, pistachios and orange zest to combine. Spoon the mixture on top of the Brie.
- Garnish with black pepper and then transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until the cheese is heated through, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and then garnish the baked Brie with the honey and thyme. Serve immediately with bread or crackers.
- 186cals, 11g fat, 8g protein, 14g carbs.