- 1 large zucchini, spiralized (about 4 cups)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped (including stems)
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely sliced
- 1/2 lb. fresh clams
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup white wine (we used Sauvignon Blanc)
- salt, to taste (if needed)
- sorrel leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Spiralize zucchini, and prep the shallot, garlic, parsley, chili and tomatoes. This is a really simple recipe, but it is a bit time sensitive. Having everything ready once you start makes life way easier.
- Once the water is boiling, add zucchini noodles and cook for 5-10 seconds. Drain from water and flash with cold water to stop the cooking. Shake away any excess water, and let the noodles drain further in the sink while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- In a medium-sized pot, heat oil on medium heat. Add shallot and garlic, and cook for a minute or two, stirring frequently. Add half the parsley and chilli, and cook another minute before adding the clams and tomatoes to the pot.
- Add wine, and cover the pot with a lid for 3-5 minutes, until all the shells have opened.
- Remove lid and let cook another minute or so before removing from the heat. Add zucchini noodles to the pot, toss everything together, and serve immediately, garnished with sorrel leaves (optional).
- Tip: The clams should be salty enough to season the dish, but it’s always a good idea to taste before serving and adjust seasoning as needed.