- lemongrass and lime aioli
- 1 lemongrass stalks
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 mango
- 1 long red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander
- fresh mint
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- spring onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fine white pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 650ml vegetable oil
- 4 whole fresh blue swimmer crab, gutted, cleaned and cut in quarters
- 125 g potato flour
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 1 long red chillis, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, white ends cut into 5-cm lengths
- 1 bunch coriander
- To make the lemongrass and lime aioli, cover lemongrass with a tea towel and bruise with a rolling pin to release the oil. Place lemongrass and vegetable oil in a small saucepan and set over low heat to infuse, for about 15 minutes. Once infused, strain and sit oil in fridge or over an ice bath to cool.
- Meanwhile, place egg, lime juice and salt in a food processor and process until creamy. Slowly add cooled, infused oil in a thin stream until the aioli begins to thicken. Transfer aioli to a serving bowl and set aside in the fridge until needed.
- To make the mango salad, finely dice the mango and place in a small bowl. Add chili, then tear up the coriander and mint and toss through with the mango.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, sesame oil and ginger. Just before serving toss the vinegar mixture through the mango mixture and garnish with thinly sliced spring onion.
- To make the seasoning mix, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until needed.
- To cook the crab, heat vegetable oil in wok to 200 degrees.7. Meanwhile, dust crab pieces all over with potato flour.
- . Once oil is hot, fry the crab in batches for about 2 minutes, drain on paper towel.
- 9. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the oil from the wok. Add finely diced shallots, chili, garlic, lemongrass and spring onions. Toss in wok until softened, add crab back to the wok and sprinkle over seasoning mix as you toss. After all the seasoning mix has been incorporated remove from heat, sprinkle with coriander and serve with mango salad and lemongrass aioli.