- 1 white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 4 sprigs of parsley, plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) of parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 lbs (1.35 kg) veal eye of round, cleaned
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, yolks only
- 1 small cans of cooked tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (240 ml) mayonnaise
- 6 marinated anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) capers
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional side dish: roasted potatoes
- Fill a large Dutch oven with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Season water with salt and add leeks, carrots, onions, peppercorns, bay leaves and celery.
- Build a ‘bouquet garni’ by wrapping parsley, thyme and rosemary in a piece of cheesecloth and place in boiling water.
- Add veal to boiling water and cook covered for one hour.
- Remove veal from boiling water and reserve for plating. Discard cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, place eggs, tuna, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, anchovies and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Process until sauce is smooth.
- Slowly add olive oil while blending adjust consistency.
- Slice veal roast and top with creamy sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and capers, and serve immediately.