- 4 cups (1 L) all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, beaten / Plus 1 more for egg wash
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- olive oil, for greasing pan
- ½ cup (120 ml) prosciutto, slice
- ½ cup (120 ml) salami, sliced
- ½ cup (120 ml) mortadella, sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 2 cups (480 ml) beef, pork or veal meatballs, cooked
- 1 cup (240 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (480 ml) ziti pasta, cooked
- ½ cup (120 ml) parmesan, grated
- ½ cup (120 ml) ricotta
- ½ cup (120 ml) mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Place flour, salt, eggs and butter in a food processor.
- Blend until you reach a smooth but firm dough.
- If the consistency needs to be adjusted, slowly add small amounts of cold water.
- Remove dough from food processor and cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Grease round and deep baking pan with olive oil.
- On a lightly floured cutting board or table, roll out the dough until it is 1/3-inch thick and flat.
- Place dough in baking dish with edges overlapping the sides of the dish.
- Mix pasta with tomato sauce in a mixing bowl, and put half inside the pie.
- Top pasta with half of all your stuffing ingredients (deli meats, cheeses, meatballs and eggs).
- Place second layer of pasta, and cover with remaining stuffing ingredients.
- Fold over the edges of the dough in order to cover the pie completely.
- Brush the top of the pie with egg wash.
- Place pie in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300F (150C), cover pie with aluminum foil, and keep cooking cook for 35 minutes. The pie should be steamy and the crust golden brown.
- Remove pie from oven, and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice pie into equal portions and serve hot.