- ½ cup (120 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp (3 ml) baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 lbs peeled crawfish tails
- oil, for frying
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
3 tbsp (45 ml) hot sauce
- In a shallow dish, mix flour, salt, cayenne and paprika.
- In a separate shallow dish, mix baking soda and vinegar. Wait a few seconds, then add eggs, milk and roasted garlic and whisk together until mixture is smooth.
- Dunk crawfish tails into dry mix, and then into the wet mix.
- Heat frying oil to 375F (190C) degrees.
- Fry crawfish tails for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove crawfish from oil and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with dipping sauce.
- Mix both ingredients together, and serve alongside the Crawfish Popcorn.