Looking for a satisfying stick-to-your ribs breakfast that won’t leave you feeling stuffed?
- 3 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ lb steak (sirloin or shoulder cuts work well)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach and baby arugula mix
- 2 cups sweet kale mix
- Cube potatoes and cook them in a hot skillet with a teaspoon of oil. Once they’re browned and cooked through, remove from the heat.
- To make the sauce, combine mayo, sour cream and feta cheese along with chopped cilantro, minced garlic and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Make soft boiled eggs. Heat up water in a kettle, and submerge eggs for 6-7 minutes. Run under cold water and carefully remove the shell. Set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. If you’re using a tougher cut of meat, you may want to tenderize it first (we do this by simply placing the meat in a plastic bag, and wailing down on it for a while with a rolling pin).
- In the same pan used to make the potatoes in, cook steak a few minutes on each side until it reaches desired doneness. Let rest a few minutes before slicing.
- Assemble your greens on a platter, and top with the sliced steak, potatoes, soft boiled eggs and dressing. Serve immediately.