- 1 lb. (450 g) Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely grated garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh chives
- 1 red bird’s eye chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) toasted white and black sesame seeds
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add noodles, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly soft.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, toss noodles with sesame oil to avoid sticking together. Set aside.
- Place sesame seeds in a food processor and blend until fine.
- Add sesame oil, and blend for 1 minute.
- Add rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic.
- Blend until properly emulsified.
- Pour sauce from food processor over the noodles and toss.
- Transfer noodles and sauce to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chives, bird’s eye chili and toasted sesame seeds.