- 2 large peaches, pitted and cut into thin slices
- ½ cup (120 ml) of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of fennel seeds
- ½ tsp (3 ml) of salt
Spicy Lime Mayo
- ½ cup (120 ml) of Mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of Siracha sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ½ lbs (680 g) of skinless Atlantic salmon, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of dry mustard
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 2 eggs, whites only
- 1 cup (240 ml) of bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of canola oil
- 6 burger buns
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 slices of smoked bacon, cooked
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- pickled peaches
- spicy lime mayo
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Spicy Lime Mayo
- Toast fennel seeds in a small frying pan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, place seeds on a solid surface and crush using the bottom of a frying pan.
- You can also use a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder for this.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peaches, vinegar, honey, salt and crushed fennel seeds.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour.
- Mix all ingredients except the egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are fluffy and firm.
- Fold the stiff egg whites into the salmon burger mix.
- Separate the salmon burger mix into 6 even portions, and form burger patties.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place 3 burgers in the hot oil, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Start over with the remaining 3 burgers.
- Place burgers on a baking tray with parchment paper and finish cooking in a 375 degree oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Brush oil inside the burger buns and toast in the oven as the salmon burgers are cooking.
- Serve salmon burger on bun, and garnish with a slice of bacon, pickled peaches, red onions, Romaine lettuce and spicy lime mayo.