- 18 oz. (500 g) whole ricotta
- ½ cup (120 ml) finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black pepper
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- ½ cup (120 ml) white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (480 ml) arugula
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour and add ricotta, parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix together until dough is uniform.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag with a large round tip.
- Form long circular tubes on a tray or plate dusted with flour.
- Dust the top with flour also, and place in the freezer.
- Once solidified, remove from freezer and cut into ½ inch pieces, and return to freezer.
- Boil water in a large pot over high heat.
- Add noquis to boiling water, and cook for 3 minutes, or until they float to the top.
- Heat a pan with oil, and sauté shallot and garlic until soft.
- Deglaze with wine and add thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce a few minutes, add butter and stir constantly.
- Add noquis to sauce and toss.
- Add arugula, toss and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot, and garnish with grated parmesan.