If you’re looking for something warm, comforting and utterly delicious to make for lunch or dinner, give our pumpkin jalapeño mac and cheese a go. It’s the perfect winter warmer on a chilly day, and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- 400 g dried macaroni
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook macaroni according to package
directions. Drain, and set aside.
- In a pot on medium heat, melt butter. Add pumpkin, and stir in whipping cream and milk.
- Add vegetable broth, and stir until incorporated.
- Gradually add cheese and stir until melted. Finally, add diced jalapeno, then blitz together using a hand-held immersion blender.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce, mix until well combined and serve immediately.