- 1 cup (240 ml) chickpea flour
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup (120 ml) Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together chickpea flour and 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of the olive oil and whisk well.
- In a medium skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and peppers and cook, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Stir in olives and continue stirring and cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pan contents evenly throughout the pan and pour batter over top.
- Cook socca for 1-2 minutes, then transfer skillet to the hot oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, until socca is firm and cooked through.
- Set oven to broil and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove socca from the oven and serve hot, garnished with fresh basil and chives.