- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) all-purpose flour
- 20 grams (0.7 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 ½ cups (600 ml) of lukewarm water
- 4 cups (960 ml) spinach
- 2 cups (480 ml) Ricotta
- 2 cups (480 ml) Mozzarella, grated
- 2 cups (480 ml) Parmiggiano reggiano, grated
- 2 cups (480 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- Proof yeast in small bowl with 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of water and the sugar for 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt and olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add yeast mix to the mixing bowl and start kneading the dough together.
- Add water 1 cup (240 ml) at a time until all the water is mixed in, or until you reach a nice consistency.
- Put dough in bowl and let rise covered until doubled, about 1 hour.
- This recipe makes 2 large pizzas, so use half of the ingredients for each pizza.
- Lightly flour you work surface.
- Cut pizza dough in half and place one piece on the work surface.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, stretch the dough out until it is 18 inches across.
- Heat grill to medium heat, and place one dough over the grill.
- Brush top of dough with olive oil.
- Place raw spinach over the dough, then dollops of ricotta.
- Sprinkle garlic, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Drizzle tomato sauce over the pizza while it is cooking.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the dough is slightly charred and removes itself from the grill easily.
- Once the top of the pizza is hot, and cheese is completely melted, remove from the grill.
- Start again with the following pizza.
- Slice each pizza into 8 slices and serve hot.