- 1 1/2 tbsp (23 ml) fish sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) red chili powder
- 1 Thai green chili, seeded
- 8 dried shrimp, soaked in water and drained<
- 2 oz. (60 g) glass noodles, raw
- 8 dried shrimp, soaked in water
- 2 red Thai chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 small white onion, julienned
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 shallots, julienned
- 1 stalk Chinese celery, cut into 1-inch pieces with leaves
- 8 shrimp, peeled and deveined (size 21-25)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fish sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) ground pork
- ¼ cup (60 ml) crushed cashews
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Remove from food processor, and reserve for salad.
- Soak noodles in water at room temperature for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, shallots and celery.
- In a small frying pan, heat fish sauce and a splash of water over medium heat.
- Add ground pork and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer pork to mixing bowl with vegetables.
- In the same frying pan, add a splash of water and boil shrimp for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from heat and add to mixing bowl with pork and vegetables.
- Add noodles and dressing to mixing bowl, add toss everything together.
- Serve cold in individual bowls, and garnish with chopped cashews.