- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- ¾ cup (180 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 cups (480 ml) raspberries
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups (360 ml) 35% cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried lavender, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, tea bags, and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and remove from heat immediately.
- Set aside to steep for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and return saucepan to heat.
- Bring syrup to a boil, reduce heat to low and stir in raspberries.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside for 10 minutes, or until raspberries are soft.
- Gently crush the raspberries into the syrup until the syrup turns pink.
- Strain syrup and transfer syrup back into the saucepan.
- Reserve raspberries for later use.
- Bring syrup to a boil over medium heat and continue boiling for 5 minutes, or until syrup starts to thicken.
- Remove syrup from heat and transfer to a sealable container.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Fill a small saucepan with 1 inch of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Set a metal mixing bowl into the saucepan, ensuring the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl, and add egg yolks, whole eggs, and sugar to the bowl.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, whisking vigorously to prevent eggs from scrambling, until mixture has doubled in volume and lightened in colour.
- Remove pan from heat and continue whisking until the mixture cools.
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and refrigerate mixture until cooled completely.
- Once syrup and egg mixture have cooled, stir the cooled syrup into the egg mixture.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk cream into soft peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the syrup and egg mixture until combined.
- Line ramekins with plastic wrap, and fill with semifreddo mixture.
- Transfer ramekins to the freezer to cool for 1-2 hours, or until semifredo is completely frozen.
- Remove ramekins from the freezer and flip to remove the semifreddo.
- Peel plastic wrap off the semifreddo and top with reserved soft raspberries.
- Garnish with dried lavender and serve cold.