- ½ cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (62 ml) white sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp (92 ml) brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp (7.5 ml) baking powder
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) whole milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling hot water
- ½ cup (125 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- room temperature butter for pan
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- Lightly butter one large 8 inch (20 cm) oven proof ramekin.
- Sift together flour, sugar, ¼ cup (62 ml) brown sugar, baking powder and 2 tablespoons cocoa.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl mix together 2 tbsp brown sugar with remaining cocoa.
- Sprinkle the sugar cocoa mixture over puddings.
- Cover the pudding with 1 cup (250ml) of boiling water.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cake is cooked through. Test by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake, it should come out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- To serve scoop out cake and drizzle with sauce in the bottom of the cake pan.
- Serve with Ice cream