Here’s another version of raita, the palate-cleansing side dish. For cilantro haters, consider substituting parsley and/or chives.
3 cups (750 ml)
- 2 English cucumbers or 6 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) kosher salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) plain yogurt (not low-fat)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly chopped cilantro
- Peel, seed, and grate the cucumbers with a box grater. Place the cucumber in a tea towel, and squeeze out the moisture from the cucumber, discarding the liquid. Place in bowl.
- Season with cumin and salt, then add the yogurt and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Add the cilantro just before serving.