- 2 lbs (1 kg) fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup (83 ml) Marsala wine
- ¾ cup (187 ml) crumbled blue cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- Trim the ends and remove damaged leaves from the Brussel sprouts.
- Place the chicken stock in a medium sauce pan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Add the Brussel sprouts and allow to simmer for 4 minutes or until tender crisp. Remove from stock and place in a bowl. Discard the chicken stock.
- In a large sauté pan melt butter over medium heat. Crumble in the pecans and coat with butter. Add the sprouts and toss to coat.
- Add the Marsala to the pan and allow to simmer until slightly syrupy.
- Add the blueberries and toss just to coat.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and toss just to warm.