- ½ cup (120 ml) almonds
- ½ cup (120 ml) black sesame seeds
- 2 4 oz. (110 g) ahi tuna steaks
- canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) miso paste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mirin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) neutral Oil (grapeseed or canola)
- ½ cup (120 ml) enoki mushrooms, or brown beech mushrooms
- Crust Tuna. Blitz almonds and black sesame seeds in a grinder. Transfer to a plate. Press tuna onto mixture so top and bottom are covered. Place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Make vinaigrette. Place sliced ginger, shallots, and garlic in a small bowl. Add miso paste, mirin, soy sauce, and sesame oil, and canola oil. Stir together.
- Place oil in a hot skillet. Add mushrooms and a dash of salt. Sauté for 30 seconds. Place mushrooms and oil in the vinaigrette.
- Drizzle oil over chilled tuna, and season lightly with salt. Lay on grill at high heat for about 20-60 seconds (depending on desired doneness) and flip. Cook for another 20-60 seconds. Remove tuna.
- Slice tuna with sharp knife and plate. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and serve.