Baking a perfect cake is tough enough on its own, so when it comes time to ice a cake, things can get bit stressful. There are so many little things that could go wrong — whether you damage the cake itself or add the icing when the cake’s too warm (resulting in a melted mess). Either way, it isn’t hard for a stunning cake to become a disaster… until now. Give this idiot-proof tactic to icing a cake a try. You can thank us later.
- 1 frosting can
- wire rack
- food colouring (optional)
- Place cake on a wire rack.
- If frosting has a thick consistency, microwave in 30-second increments until pourable.
- Mix a few drops of food colouring into frosting, until icing reaches desired colour.
- Dump the frosting all over the cake — don’t worry about making a mess, you won’t.
- Plate perfectly iced cake for the world to admire.